28 Point Furnace Tune Up
Our signature furnace tune-up will have your heating unit running smoothly during the winter. These 28 points will be carefully assessed by an expert heating and cooling specialist. It is important to note that most furnace manufacturers require a professional maintenance or tuning service done a by a licensed technician every year.
What do we check?
- Thermostat check
- Furnace operation check
- Air filter check
- Temperature rise check
- Gas pressure check
- Mark fuse/switch for furnace power
- Gas safety check
- Gas line check
- Clean pilot or flame sensor
- Clean burners, transfer ports
- Air fuel mixture inspect/adjust
- Combustion air check
- Motor cooling ports cleaning
- Motors lubrication
- Main blower motor check
- Vent motor check
- Shaft and bearings check
- Belt check: condition, tension, and alignment
- High-pressure safety check
- Heat exchanger inspection: condition, rollout, and disturbance
- Vent system inspection
- Pressure switches and vacuum lines check
- Condensate line/trap check
- Vent damper check
- Ignition system check
- Exterior unit check
- Leak test: press tap, union, fittings, and shutoff
- Carbon monoxide test
Why do a furnace tune-up?
Furnace manufacturers all recommend annual inspections and maintenance by a qualified furnace technician. Many include language mandating in their warranties that damage to the units caused by improper maintenance is not covered under warranty. therefore units that are not serviced annually could have their warranty suspended.
Legal benefits should not be the main reason why do your annual furnace tune-up. A well-running furnace not only guarantees you peace of mind during the winter months but also means your furnace will be energy efficient. Our 28 point signature tuning will pay itself on energy savings alone during the cold months.
When is the best time to do it?
We recommend our clients to book this service during the spring and summer months as our technicians are less busy and can easily schedule the appointment to fit your schedule and not ours.