16 Point Air Conditioning Tune Up
What do we check?
- Check Thermostat.
- Clean filter or replace.
- Check system temperature split.
- Inspect disconnect.
- Inspect fuses.
- Inspect wiring.
- Tighten electrical connections.
- Inspect contactors and relays.
- Inspect electrical safety circuits.
- Check voltage and amperage of all motors.
- Inspect indoor blower and motor for dirt buildup.
- Inspect bearings and lubricate all moving parts ( if needed ).
- Inspect condensate drain.
- Inspect outdoor coil.
- Inspect duct seal at unit and secure panels.
- Run and test system.
Why do an air conditioning tune up ?
Air conditioning manufacturers all recommend annual inspections and maintenance by a qualified heating and cooling technician. Many include language mandating in their warranties that damage to the units caused by improper maintenance is not covered under warranty.
Most manufacturers recommend getting newer air conditioning checked every other year, but if your heating unit is over ten years old, it is recommended to have these air conditioning units checked annually.